Sunday, July 26, 2009

Ghostie Inspiration

I've been abit slow to add on my blog lately. My Mom is doing better but my father recently ended up in the hospital. It's either one or the other. This year has been a challenge for me to say the least!
Here is the inspiration I spoke of for my latest ghostie. While in Joseph Oregon for my husbands street rod show, I came across this wonderful old print on canvas of two victorian girls dressed in fairy costumes. I fell in love, and was inspired for my next ghostie !
I have several antique wax dolls in christmas fairy outfits. I love the old silver tinsel that was used on them, and have been collecting it hoping to find something to use it on someday. It worked out perfectly for my latest Ghostie Pricilla Pettigrew! I used my old tinsel and an antique silver bullion star for her costume. Her fairy dress is from vintage baby blue netting, and her wings are from vintage wire tinsel. She measured around 13".


Pricilla Pettigrew,
star of the Christmas play,
Practiced her pirouette with a passion all day,
Alas, while performing a perfect spin,
She spun right off the stage to a dreadful end!


Pricilla has been sold, but I am in the process of creating two smaller pieces for my Etsy shop, that hopefully I will have listed tomorrow or the next day...keep your fingers crossed for me that there are no more family emergencies!
Happy Hauntings, Gail



21 comments:

niknik said...

Здоровья Вашим родителям, а Вам- стойкости!
А девочка такая трогательная!

Lori Fox said...

Gail she is wonderful... I wish all the best for you parents. I lost my dad almost three years ago, it is so hard and challenging to make sure they are OK. Thank heavens my Mom is in great health. Your parents will be in my prayers.

3rdEyeMuse said...

hoping that all is peaceful for everyone around you for a long, long while ... and Pricilla is absolutely priceless, so I am definitely looking forward to the next two. :)

dreamkeeperfae said...

She is lovely and so delicate...
The use of such keepsakes stands for the love and the fragility for how life is...and is treasured.

Lot's of good spirits for your parents. Hope they will be doing fine soon.

Andrea

Crafts From The Stash said...

Gail she is beautiful. Sorry to hear your parents are poorly. (((hugs)))
Debie xxx

Christopher A. Klingler said...

GREAT inspiration photo and lovely new piece Gail!

Have a great week! :-)

Chris

Enchanted Productions by Joyce Stahl said...

Oh Gail...as always you never disappoint us! Pricilla is enchanting! Love all of the vintage doo-dads and that inspirational print is fabulous!!

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. Hope both your parents are doing better now.

Haunted Hugs,
Joycee

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

GORGEOUS! And wan.

Marcie Hart - A Work Of Hart said...

Love the fairy picture, what a great find! Your little Ghostie is very sweet. ;-) Hope your parents are feeling better now. I understand completely as we moved my father in with us a year ago because of health problems. I will be praying for them. Take Care!!

KatHreN said...

gail...she is a sweetie and I just love the lil poems that you come up with!!! sorry to hear about your parents. My dad had a severe stroke 1 1/2yrs ago and is in and out of the hospital all the time. My prayers are with you and your family.
Kathren

Anonymous said...

She's fabulous Gail!!! How could she not be with you as her creator. I love her eyes... soulful...

What a find the print you bought!

Hey I miss you a LOT!

Aude Berger bought one of my dolls!!! I was so excited! And I guess you know her quite well.
Love~Pat

Gail Lackey said...

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers. I can sure use them and it's much apprieciated! Glad you like the new ghosite and the inspiration photo.
Hugs to all, Gail

Anonymous said...

Poor, poor Priscilla.

My thoughts to you and your family.
I know somewhat of what you're dealing with, and it's neither fun nor easy.

julie campbell said...

Oh I LOVE this photo Gail, and as for poor Priscilla she is so gorgeous and that old tinsel sets her off to perfection.
Wishing you a peaceful calm week.
julie :0)

Jdee said...

She's sooo cute Gail! I love her to pieces!
xxoxo

Skellyton Art said...

Gail,
She is so beautiful!That photo IS haunting. What an inspiration YOU are to all of your many followers!
I am so sorry to hear that your parents are not well. I hope everything will be back to normal soon.
Take care,
Shirley

Anonymous said...

Simply wonderful.

Sprite said...

Hi Gail :) So glad to see your creating! She's wonderful! She has such an adorable face.

Keeping my fingers crossed for ya!

Luv and hugs,
Sprite

Odddollz by Jacqui said...

Hi Gail:)

Every single adorable doll you make bring a heart warming smile to my face, this little darling is no exception:) The inspiration photo is awesome, thoses girls are soooo cute.
I do hope your dad is doing better and I will send some healing and healthy thoughs your way.

Miss you

ZoMBie HuGz

Jacqui
XO

Anonymous said...

Hi gail I left an award on my blog for you... the circle of friends award...

I know that a lot of us don't have time to put awards up and comment I just wanted you to know that your name in on my blog~
Love ~Pat

Barbara said...

ohhh she is so sweetie and gosthie, very compliments for your blog and for your creations!