Thursday, July 30, 2009

New Ghosties for my Etsy Shop

I've managed to get two new small ghostie dolls done and listed in my etsy shop. An amazing feat concidering everything that has taken my time recently!
I've done a smaller petite version of my larger 12"-13" ghosties. She stands around 9 1/2".
Little Ellie Eleanor Blake
who, on her birthday ate too much cake,
Sadly, she succumbed to a tummy ache!
Her clothes are from vintage materials. I love her little baby blue angora hat..which just happens to be a vintage baby bootie, and has my trademark ghostie head attached on top and one on the strap. Hand painted glass eyes of course and white mohair wig.

He shoes are made from vintage blue and silver ribbon. She wears a tiny rusty bell so you can hear her coming!! (The gravemarker is not included)
I've also done a small wall hanging ghostie, which you can hang against the wall by a black ribbon attached on her back so she looks like she is floating.
She has Hand painted glass eyes. Her ghostly shroud is created with aged silk gauzes and vintage millinary netting. She has two little sculpted ghostie heads, one on her collar and the other attached to her striped bow. The head and hands are polymer clay. The body is soft over a wire armature. she measures about 11" from the tip of her ghostly shroud to the top of her head.
Hair is tibetan lamb.


Tiny Tilda who fell quite sick, after eating a pie laced with arsenic!



Here's the link if you would like to take a peek at the listing!

21 comments:

Crafts From The Stash said...

Gail as usual they are superb!!! Hope all is well with you. Good luck with your sales.
Debie xxx

Anonymous said...

Gail!
I can't believe you actually found the time in your schedule!

They are both fantastic.... the whimsical and
un-earthly is fabulous!

I love them!
Pat

3rdEyeMuse said...

.... so, you need an apprentice to start when? ...

hey, if a girl is planning on dreaming, she (me) really ought to dream BIG. :)

These two are so brilliant ... and dreamy sweet, too.

Unknown said...

Superb as always Gail...

xoxoxoxoxox Sonia

Sprite said...

Soooo Wonderful!!! Soooo glad your back Gail! Have missed your updates :)

Hugs
Sprite

Sarah Sullivan said...

Oh I just love them!! You do such wonderful work!!! Lovely!!!

moti said...

superb!!!!!, lovely!!
just fantastic!!!!!
hugs

Eli

FairiesNest said...

Such sweet little ghosties!

anjah said...

Again wonderfully crazy and also very sweet. Best wishes, Anjah

softinthehead said...

Oh Gail...I just melt into her eyes. Your work really does touch my soul....I LOVE IT!!!! I will always be in awe of you and your creativity! Pam

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Gail,you've out done yourself.They are adorable.I love them.I also love the sofe colors you used.They are so sweet.XXOO Marie Antionette

Skellyton Art said...

Everyting about them is "soft". They are beautiful as usual!

Shirley

Tristan Robin said...

utterly enchanting

and I love the movement in them!

Amanda said...

Your dolls are absolutely amazing! Please accept my blog award. You have that wow factor I look for.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj47/twinessence/wonderfullycreepyblogaward.jpg

Anonymous said...

I am happy to hear that your Mother is doing better...sorry to hear about your Father.
Love your new little Ghosties.

vintagepaletteart said...

These two precious little ghosties are aMaZiNg~~~~~~love seeing what you have been creating Gail! =D

*Lori

ReneeBuchananArt said...

They are GREAT! I went to the link to see them in your shop and they're GONE so I hope they've found a good home...

Renee :)

Donna's Musings said...

darlingeee as always!
Mumsie wumsie

julietk said...

A wonder to behold as usual :-) Juliet

Lisa said...

So Beautiful! Excellent work! Have to look at more.

horriblesweet said...

Love love the girl in yellow! beautiful new ghosties!